Monday, December 10, 2012

AGAIN!!!

     One of the greatest feelings in the world is something that just happened to me....AGAIN! About a year ago, or a little less, HMA Tulsa started picking up a woman from the homeless shelter that just showed up there one night. She came to church off and on and it became very obvious that she was on drugs pretty bad. She prayed a few times but didn't seem to get the help that she needed. One nig
ht she really got through and it seemed that the Lord touched her greatly. After a few more services we never saw her again. The only contact that we ever had with her was through the shelter and they didn't know where she went.
I stopped at Wal-Mart this evening and walked right into her. She hugged me and introduced me to her three daughters. "This is Brother Todd that I told you about." She explained to me that she left her home and three daughters for the drugs and just lived on the streets and in the shelters but THAT NIGHT, she got healed and delivered. Her three daughters had kept the home as best they could for over a year and after her conversion the lady went back to her home and daughters and re-took the responsibility of raising them and helping them. The girls looked to be between the ages of about 14 and 20. She told me that they go to church where they live and she has been clean for 5 months straight. She was over here visiting friends and was so glad to run into me......Not as glad as I was to run into her!!!!!! This is the fourth time in the last few months that something like that has happened to me at that Wal-Mart. I gotta go to Wal-Mart more often. :))
     By the way, do stories like this just "blow your mind"? Obviously, you need to re-think your ministries.....or get some.
Your humble servant,
Rev. D. Todd Sloggett

No comments:

Post a Comment