Tuesday, January 3, 2012

GOOD NEWS!!!

      Here are pictures of myself and my wife, coming out of "The Garden Tomb".  This is the place that archeologists, historians and Christian scholars agree that Christ Jesus was buried after his death on the cross.  This tomb is in a garden, owned and operated by a Christian foundation, just a few hundred yards from Golgaotha's presumed site.  It is in the middle of the modern city of Jerusalem just outside the old city wall.  My wife and daughter and I were taken to this historic and religious site as well as a couple dozen others by some dear friends of our ministry last year.
     I show these pictures to tell a story.  We waited in a fairly long line to get a chance to go into the tomb and see the place where my Savior once lay.  It was pretty hot outside and the entire hustle and bustle of it all was a bit uncomfortable at times.  (Not for me, I was loving it)  While in line waiting our turn, when I was just about to get to go in, an elderly couple, probably in thier 80's I would guess, had just left the tomb and were walking away.  They seemed to be in a bit of an arguement and not very happy.  Me being so excited about going in and them just coming out seemingly upset, this interested me so I tried to hear what they were saying.  All I caught was him telling her, "I don't know why we waited all that time in line, there was nothing in there...the place was empty!"..........I became even more excited....The exact reason that he was upset for waiting to go in, is the exact reason that I was so happy to fly half way around the world to wait to get to go in.  It's not just a story.  It's real.  I was there.  HE  IS RISEN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment