Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Full Circle

This is my Father. Donald Ray Sloggett. I left him when I was 10 and didn't come back home until I was almost 15. Even then I was in and out of the house for several years. My Dad was always there for me and helped take care of my family all the way up until I left to evangelize full time when I was about 32 years old. 
Last year, my Dad went through some very rough times and ended up at rock bottom. After working very hard all of his life and amassing a good living and nest egg, he ended up basically homeless. He had his dog and some clothes and was living in his car, talking about going to a homeless shelter. My Dad has done more for more people than almost any person I have ever met and here he was with nothing and he had all but given up. 
Through the help of all of the saints and sponsors of HMA, we were able to help him in an amazing way. We took him in and took him to church and helped sort out his difficulties. One of the HMA ministry partners provided the platform that we were able to re-launch my Dad's life from. At 77 years old, he is starting over. 
My Dad came to Bethany and listened to the preaching of Pastor Darrel Toliver and myself and prayed and sought the Lord and his counsel. He would come to my office and ask advice and debate what to do or not do. We were able to re-work his finances and he was able to work through his thoughts and feelings. He was able to keep his dog and his car, both of which he was sure that he had to give up. 
Many of the saints would encourage him and give to him and it touched him very deeply. My Dad had lost his home, his business, his income, nearly his emotional stability and nearly his sanity. But today things are different. 
He left Oklahoma to go back to Idaho where he is from. He is re-opening his business, moving into an apartment and has all his ducks back in a row. The whole process took 8 months. THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!! I weep as I type this post. I am sooooo incredibly blessed to get to help addicts, give hope to the hopeless, see God fix the broken and bless the undeserving, etc. etc. But to be able to do what we do...for my own FATHER is more than this mortal heart can hardly stand. 
I know some of you don't get it. You don't understand what we are doing or why we are doing it or how it works or how it can be done through goof balls like us. But this thing called HMA is a network of preachers, teachers, counsellors, businessmen, Pastors, Saints, prayer warrior and workers, that are finding new ways everyday to reach the Least, the Last and the Lost. 
There are not enough hours in the day for me to tell you all of the stories of those that are receiving help through your efforts in supporting us and working with us, but this one was too special to go untold. 
Special, special thanks to The Dustin Toliver family, Pastor Darrell Toliver and the wonderful saints at Bethany Holiness Church, The Hugh Heneger family, The Mathew Castleberry


 family and my precious, loving wife and children for making this possible. Also a very special thank you to the regular financial donors of HMA. God bless each and every one of you.
This is the real Church, this is true Christianity, this is Biblical Holiness.
Your humble servant,
Rev. D. Todd Sloggett

No comments:

Post a Comment