Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Always Ready to Serve!

2nd TIMOTHY 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
I woke up this morning shortly before 4am in a motel room in Oklahoma City. Drove my truck 7 miles to the airport and flew to North Carolina, switched planes and flew to Lexington, Kentucky. Rented a car, drove to my motel in Richmond, changed clothes and drove to a meeting in London. 
By the time the meeting was almost over it was around 9pm and I was feeling my long hard day. Pastor Michael Wilson then said to me, "Would you like to preach in Laurel County Jail?" I said, "I would LOVE to. When?" "In about 20 minutes", he said. 
I was in a rental car, no Bible, no notes, no preparation, study or prayer time. No intention of preaching today, but there I was about 15 minutes later. Walking down the halls of the jail. 
It just so happened that I was able to borrow a guitar on the way into the jail and I had been pondering a thought in my mind all day about a scripture. We went in with some amazing brothers in the Lord and they brought us 40 broken, sin stained men that were somebody's sons, husbands and daddys. 
A brother sang and some others testified. The Lord moved mightily! I sang a song and preached for about 25 or 30 minutes and gave an altar call. About 20 men came foward and knelt on the concrete floor to submit to the Master! 
Men cried, prayed and confessed. It was beautiful. Before I left the jail I was allowed a private meeting with a young man that I had never we met but have been praying for, for years. His family members are close personal friends of mine. Pray for him, God knows. 
Pray for the Brothers that do this blessed work on a regular basis and say a prayer for the men that were touched during the service tonight. 
It's almost 1:30am, I am in another motel room and I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I live a charmed life...
In service of the Master,
Rev. D. Todd Sloggett

No comments:

Post a Comment