Monday, January 14, 2013

More news about Jacob's Ladder

     I recently spent some time in Georgia and while I was preaching at a conference, one of the sisters in the church told me about having to take a family member to Macon, GA for drug rehabilitation. She was very upset at the whole situation but found some relief when she realized that the facility that they were going to was using "Jacob's Ladder", which is a program that I helped write and have distributed all over the country. She was the third or fourth person to tell me that this facility was using our program and later that week I ended up staying two days in Macon, soooo, I stopped by the facility. It is owned and operated by Salvation Army International as best I could tell and they were happy to inform me about their program. It is a multi-level facility for homeless, addiction, job, nutrition and housing problems. Very similar to what we are slowly but surely putting together in Oklahoma. I asked specifically about the "Jacob's Ladder" program. They told me that they already had a "steps" program in place for addicts but they felt it did not have enough "religion" in it. They were looking for something to supplement their program with, that told more truths about God, biblical truths and the eternal affects of staying clean, etc. When I told them who I was they asked if they were infringing on any copywrites or anything. I told them that our actual booklet on using the program was about to be released and selling or distributing that booklet might cause a problem but to "use" the basic ideas and doctrines that we apply from the bible into people's real lives could never be copywrited. I told them that I was proud of them and happy for the people that were getting help at thier facility. It appears that they got the ideas about "Jacob's Ladder" from a southern county in Alabama who got it from a church that we are affiliated with who got part of thier's from the state of Texas and the rest of it from me. Everyone pray that we can finish the booklet quickly and get it in the hands of those that will use it for the glory of God. The facility in Macon has asked for the booklet as soon as it is released, as have many pastors all across the country. Pastor Jeff Owen and his wife and Pastor David Lamb and his church have done thier parts and the ideas are categorized, tried, proven and written down, I just need to have the art work finished and the booklets printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment