Friday, January 11, 2013

Blessed Surprise

     Sorry for the delay it getting out this information but we had an extended Christmas break with our family and before I had time to get everything back in order at "The Saving Place" I was already back on the road.  :)    I am writting this in a motel room in Atlanta on my way to preach a Minister's Conference in Wray, Georgia.  I have one stop in Alabama next week then right back to Tulsa.
     I just wanted to share a couple pics with everyone and the amazinng story behind them.  A couple years back we were working with the  Tulsa Public School System and I was working with several counselors that were trying to reach some high risk inner-city teens before it was too late.  Since then, that part of our ministry has blossomed tremendously.  Most of  the counselors moved on and there are two of them that I stay in contact with.  In the mean time of course, we continue our work in other areas.  Recently I was blessed by God to work with one of the worst heroine addicts I have ever seen.  He has been very bound and he has made many terrible decisions but after just a few weeks of dealing with him he has become very soft, very sincere and very serious about cleaning his life up.  He has turned his heart and life over to God, stopped doing all of his addictions, graduated a sober living program and has been admitted to special housing for people trying to get thier lives back on track.  Now, how do these two stories relate? 
     When I went to his graduation, I sat on the side where the visitors sit and before I realized what was happening I had been approached by a young lady and it was one of the counselors from the old Tulsa School Program.  She had left the public school system in search for more freedom to work with people that she could help better.  The last that I knew she had been trying to run her own women's half way house type facility and we had given her some advice about trying to operate as a ministry outside of government funding as well as some other technical stuff that we had discussed.  All this time later, The Lord had used all of us to reach more people.  She was actually one of the new counselors at the program for the young man that I came to see graduate.  

     I love what I do and I can hardly believe that God, in all his infinite wisdom allows me to continue to do it.  Thanks be to Jesus.  And thank you Todd and Amy for being my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment