Sunday, July 29, 2012

California Summer 2012

     Well the last blog ended with my wife and I landing in Sacramento, CA after dropping our daughter off in Oklahoma on our way across the country from Virginia. 
     In California I had the tremendous privedledge of being a part  of a wedding ceremony.  Mr. and Mrs. Joel McCoy as they are now known, blessed my wife and I so much by allowing us to be a part of thier great day.  After flying out to California more than once in the last couple years to help them bury  a loved one, I was glad to make the trip this time for such a joyous occasion.  God bless Joel and Kim!
     Joel belongs to a great family that I have been associated with since the very beginning of my walk with the Lord.  A family of 5 brothers (the oldest of which we have already buried); Great men of character, faith, sincerity and godliness.  They have been supporters of our ministry since it's very inception and I could never say enough great things about them.  Joel is the second to the youngest and the second to the oldest, Nate, is thier pastor.  The youngest, Sam, is set to be married this Saturday in Oklahoma.  Mike, the middle brother, has been one of the single biggest supporters of my ministry and one of my dearest friends.
     This is not the best of photography, (all I had was my i-phone), but here is a picture of the newlyweds standing with my wife and I as well as a goup shot at the wedding of all four of the living brothers with thier wives and children along with Hannah, (far right), who will be a McCoy by this Saturday evening.
     California is where I am from, along with Oregon and Idaho.  The California church fellowship is my home fellowship.  They are by far some of the best churches with the best spirits anywhere on this planet.  I rareley ever get to be with them so this trip was an extra special treat to us because we had a few days to travel around before we had to move on again. 
     We preached in Arbuckle, CA for the McCoys while we were preparing for the wedding.  Arbuckle is north of Sacramento.  Then we were able to travel south and preach in Raisin City for Pastor Wood, in Atwater for Pastor Burris and in Pindale for Pastor Munoz.  Pinedale is in Fresno, Raisin City is south of Fresno an hour or so and I believe Atwater is pretty much between the two. 
     The service in Raisin City was extra special for my wife and I because we had so many old friends that were in that service that we didn't know we would get to see and it was a blessed reunioun.  All the folks thier are special to us.
     The services that Sunday at Atwater and Fesno were exceptional.  God trememndously helped us.  We didn't know hardly anyone from Atwater but you would have never known it from the way they treated us.  The Burris family and thier members immediately found a sweet spot in our hearts.  They have a perfect environment for outreach at thier newly founded church and we hope to work with them more.
     Our time with our dear friends in Fresno was awesome and too short.  A special thanks again to Brother Anthony, Sister Rosemary, Brother Tito and Sister Robin for being our true family all of these years.
     This last pictues is to show you a glimpse of just how blessed we have been lately.  All of this flying, driving, traveling, running, preaching, visiting can be very exhausting and while we were in California making some new friends, The Cliff Burris family took us into thier home and treated us so special we will never forget it.  They let us sleep in, took us out to eat, made fabulous breakfasts and things for us and this is a shot of what it looks like sitting in thier living room looking out the back door.  I said to myself, "If you can't rest here, maybe you just can't rest."  Thanks everybody and God bless you for everything. 
     I want it to be known that each of these churches that I have spoken about in these last two blogs in Virginia and California not only had us to preach thier services and thier special meetings but while we were there they blessed us exceptionally with finances for the mission works.  Summer is a very hard time for the ministry of homeless outreach, drug addiction outreach, inner-city teen outreach etc. but God and His people came through again. 
     My wife and I eventually had to leave Cali again and we flew back to Oklahoma, spent one night in our bed and got up the next day, packed the car and headed for Alabama.  Next stop...Alabama.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment