Saturday, November 5, 2011

Surprise at Wal-Mart!


      This morning I was in line at the local Wal-Mart pharmacy and a man approached me and said, "You probably don't remember me Brother Todd, but I went to Earl Wayne's homeless church and heard you preach one time."  He preceded to tell me about how he had been homeless and addicted to chemicals.  He said that he had tried all different ways to get "free" but that since he had gone to church and prayed and been making better decisions that he is finally feeling the chains break free.  He lives in a local sobriety house with several other men. 

     He was awarded a special grant because he is a war veteran of Iraq and he is currently back in school.  He just obtained a car and we talked about him driving himself to church tomorrow.  He shook my hand real strong when we were done conversing and he said, "God bless you brother and thanks again for everything."  He walked away and I stood there for several minutes in awe of my God. 

     Some churches talk about changing lives, ours just does it!

Your humble servant,

No comments:

Post a Comment