Saturday, November 12, 2011

How Broken Is America?



     I want to share with you an account of something that happened to me just the other day. I went to a new eye doctor, because mine had retired. The sole purpose of my visit was to get an eye exam for new glasses and contacts. While examining my eyes, the doctor determined that everything was normal and the same as before and he wrote me a new script for glasses and contacts. Before leaving the exam room the doctor informed me that he had discovered that I had a little discharge in the very inner corner of my eyes, probably due to the season change, accordinng to him. We always called it "eye boogers". 

     OK, now follow me here. He then told me that he could write me a script for that. I asked about it and he replied that it was a little tube of drops that you put in your eyes twice a day for a few weeks. He then preceeded to inform me that if I had insurance, then they could just bill my insurance....are you ready?...$90.00!!! But, (it gets better), when I informed him that I do not have insurance, he then let me know that he was allowed to give me a discount and I would only pay $60.00. When I told him, "No thanks", he then GAVE it to me.

     OK. I don't even know where to start here. Obviously this whole situation is a multi-layered corporate\government\medical science scam, where every body and thier best friends dog gets a piece of the action. No body in the corporate world GIVES ANYTHING AWAY FOR FREE! There is always a hook. In this case what was probably going on, is the chemical company that puts out the drops is under pressure from the federal government to get thier product out and prove its longevity and use ability so the chemical company gives the doctor a quick little 30 second training on how and when to disperse the drops. The doctor gets a small kick back for every bottle he gets to the public, a little bigger kick back for the bottles that he sells for the $60.00, which already has calculated into the price for about how many they are going to give away, and an even bigger kick back for the ones that he gets billed to the insurance companies. So realistically, the bottle of drops costs about $5.00 to produce and should cost around 35 or 40 bucks on the market in order for all the middle men to get thier fair share.

     But instead of free market trade, supply and demand and all that crazy, radical stuff that America was founded on, we have...The Fed in bed with the chemical company who inturn gets in bed with the doctors who inturn try to use the patients to get in bed with the insurance companies who are already in bed with The Fed.

      So instead of shacking up with any of them to help destroy what's left of this once great nation, I simply said, "I always just do this doc, and it takes care of it". I said that while I was using the side of my fore-finger to wipe the little bit of goop out of the corner of my eye. It's cheaper, it's faster and it help protect America from idiots. Besides, some times when I don't notice the goop myself, my wife will come over and get it for me. And I'll take any reason I can to get her that close to me. :)

     One more major probblem with this little scenario. It makes broke, whinning, sniveling wimps out of our next generation. Stupid things like $90.00 eye drops so that you won't have to wipe your own goop out of your eye is killing our young people. They think that every car window needs tinted, every electronic needs upgraded, every truck needs lifted, every purse should say coach, every shirt should say under armour....uh oh. Listen, there is nothing wrong with any of these things necessrily. Not in the right context. But let me tell you what the wrong context is. Need!!!!!! Need is the wrong contect. None of these things are needs. When we raise a generation that believes that every little pleasure, upgrade and fancy this and that, are things that must be had, then we are setting them up for failure.

     These "drops" represent one more thing trying to break the backs of our great way of life. This poor next generation thinks they must have perscription sunglasses, lasik surgery, teeth whiters, teeth straighteners, skin tone darkeners...We are going to end up raising a bunch of hypochondriac, weak, scared, dependent sissys. What are we going to do as time wraps up and things get tighter and uglier. What if you do have to have the mark of the beast to buy and sell. Are you going to take it over your teeth whiteners, or you lift kit? Of course not you say! Well then we must be careful how we prioritize our lives now, so that our belief system will still make sense then. I know, I know, Brother Todd is sooooo radical. Just some thoughts off of the top of my head. People please, don't go along with every stupid thing in society just because someone that is supposed to know something says so, if I have taught my four children nothing else. I hope I taught them three things.

 Fear God, love and respect your spouse and for crying out loud...think for yourself!

your humble servant'

No comments:

Post a Comment