Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dear friends of HMA,
     I want to share with you a very special time that I recently had.  Just last week I was in one of my very favorite places to minister.  I was blessed beyond measure to preach the back to school revival in Neosho, Missouri for the group that includes the Ozark Bible Institute (four year college), thier local K-12 christian school and the Bible Holiness Assembly of God Church.  Brother Taylor and his associates, church, school and students were wonderful and ready to have church. 
     I preached Tuesday through Friday nights and taught classes at the college during the days.  I also preached a combined school chapel service during one of the days.  While I was there I was able to get re-aquainted with several old friends and meet many new ones.  I was especially thrilled to meet all of the students and have them in service, in chapel and in classes.  I met the sons and daughters of many great Godly people that I have known around the country.  To see and be a part of the lives of the next generation of Holiness preachers and workers shook me to my very core.  I literaly went back to my room at night and wept.
    To have the amazing priveledge to preach sermon after sermon and watch 150 or so young adults, (plus many others), respond to the altar call over and over again and pray and weep and seek the face of thier Master, gave me fresh hope and zeal for the work ahead. 
     The first picture that I have here is of the Chapel service during a school day where I was allowed to minister to both entire school systems representing a combined 17 years of education, (kindergarden through seniors in college).  The second picture is of the young ladies side of the altar during a night revival service at the church. I would estimate that more than 100 young people were praying in the altar every night.  And the last picture is from the balcony of Bible Holiness and it is also a night service of the back to school revival. It is an estimate, but I assume that there were about 300 people or so a night in attendance.  
     I know that it is not all about fun but I must admit that this is one of the most enjoyable revivals I have ever preached.  Meeting pastors and missionaries, fielding questions from the students and so much more.  I was especially blessed on the last night when my wife Niki, daughter Tirzah, pastor Darrel Toliver and two HMA staffers, (Rev. Early Wayne Krumsiek and Sister Atalie Hamil), were able to be in service with us.  I was glad that I was there to challenge these young folks to get back to the call and cause of Christ and I look forward to helping them and watching them as they grow in God until thier ministries exceed mine and many others.  Remember OBI students: OUTSIDE THE BOX BUT INSIDE THE BIBLE!!! God bless HMA and God bless Ozark Bible Institute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment