Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"I AM A CHRISTIAN"

When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin";

I'm wispering "I was lost, now I'm found and I'm forgiven".

When I say..."I am a Christian", I don't speak of this with pride;

I'm confessing that I stumble and I need Christ to be my guide.

When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not trying to be strong;

I'm proffessing that I'm weak and need HIS stregth to carry on.

When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not bragging of success;

I'm admitting that I failed and needed God to clean up my mess.

When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not claiming to be perfect;

My flaws are too visible, but The Lord believes I'm worth it.

When I say..."I am a Christian", I still feel the sting of pain;

I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say..."I am a Christian", I'm not just holier than thou;

I'm just a simple sinner who recieved God's grace somehow.

Larry Whitaker-friend of HMA

No comments:

Post a Comment